Monday, November 24, 2008
Diverse Populations
My country has a very diverse population. There are people from all over the world. Some speak different languages, eat different foods, and do different things for fun. My country promotes understanding among people from different cultural backgrounds. There are places in the United States that are dedicated to a specific culture. For example, China Town. China Town promotes asian bacgrounds and brings asian cultures to the United States. The diverse cultures also influence other cultures. There are restaurants that sell foods from other countries. The mall has many shops that are based on countries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Nicole!
I agree with you on what you said about diverse populations. Nice blog! The way you show how different cultures are portrayed through food, language, and activities is something that makes it easy for different cultures to be identified :)
Yeah our country is very diverse, and I'm glad of that fact, too. If our country didn't except different cultures, I as a Chinese girl, probably wouldn't be treated so well.
Post a Comment